- Forretningsområde: Fødevarer
- Land: Danmark
- Kontor: Allerød
- Ansættelsesvarighed: Permanent (Full-time or Part-time)
- Ansøgningsfrist: Behandles løbende
NIRAS is an international consulting company with activities within Building and Infrastructure, Process industry, Utilities, Environment and Nature, Climate, Energy, Planning and Development Consulting. Our 2500 specialists solve the challenges of our customers based on our values - we listen, we learn, we deliver. We believe that cooperation, knowledge sharing and creativity are the way to create the best value for our customers. We have a turnover of approx. DKK 2 billion from offices in more than 30 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. NIRAS is an equal opportunity employer with a focus on the SDG goals. We value diversity in all its forms and welcome and appreciate applications from all qualified candidates.
Are you an ambitious utility engineer interested in the Food & Beverage industry ? Do you thrive in challenges, set ambitious targets and feel comfortable working in teams inside or outside Denmark? Do you see sustainability as an important theme to integrate in project delivery?
Then you might be one of our new Utility Engineer joining our team in NIRAS.
NIRAS is one of Northern Europe's leading consulting engineering companies. The Food and Beverage area in NIRAS is in rapid development to support the growth and sustainable development of the Food and Beverage industry. We support Danish and global Food and Beverage companies within a wide range of food plant design and sustainable development in order to help them meet their business goals.
The international Food & Beverage Team in NIRAS consists of a large team of almost 200 employees of which around 80 are located in Denmark in offices in Allerød, Århus and Odense. The team's ambition is to become the best at advising on the design of sustainable food & beverage facilities, deliver CAPEX projects and optimization of production facilities and operations.
We aim to deliver high quality projects to our customers in a close co-operation with more than 2300 colleagues in NIRAS. It is an inspiring environment where few days are alike, and where our work is carried out with professionalism and in an intense team spirit.
The team works from offices in Denmark, UK and Holland. Our head office is in Allerød, Denmark. The position will involve 20-50 days of travelling as a large part of our business is with clients abroad. Stationing in the other offices or abroad is also a possibility.
We expect you to contribute to small and large CAPEX projects helping deliver state-of-the-art solutions and project services through team work. As a Utility engineer we expect you to contribute with:
- Master plans and concepts for brewery and plant expansions
- Utility calculations and equipment sizing within Cooling, Heating, Compressed air, CO2 recovery, Water treatment systems, etc.
- Preparing or reviewing of utility descriptions and diagrams
- Develop sustainable solutions for the industry
- A high focus on energy and water savings
- Preparation of tender documents and evaluation of tenders for new plant equipment for greenfield or brownfield projects of all sizes
- On-site supervision and assistance during installation or commissioning
- Quality improvement and utility audits in food and beverage factories (breweries, dairy & ingredients factories etc.)
- Engagement in sales and network activities. We expect that you through your existing network and client relations will contribute actively to the growth of the department.
Part of Your Professional Profile?
The ideal candidate will fulfil these requirements:
- You have a degree in mechanical engineering and have worked preferably more than 5-10 years in the food & beverage or consulting industry.
- You have analytical skills and have experience with projects as well as some operational experience
- You possess good technical knowledge and skills
- You possess good written and oral English skills – preferably combined with one other major language
- You are familiar with the Microsoft Office package, as a minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and preferably MS Project as well as design tools such as Revit or Plant3D
Your Personal Strengths
At a personal level, it is important to be a team player and able to communicate with colleagues and clients at all levels, and to want to share your knowledge, skills and ideas with others. You need to be outgoing and self-motivated, able to perform under challenging conditions, function in an everyday busy working routine, and show the necessary independence and dynamics for contributing to the continued development of NIRAS.
What NIRAS Offer
NIRAS knows that you as an employee are a very important resource. In NIRAS you have good development opportunities. Our many areas of expertise mean that you have extended professional and personal development opportunities.
You will work in a team of highly competent employees, where commitment, high spirits and high professionalism characterize your colleagues. They look forward to welcoming you. We have a good social environment, close distance to high level management and short decision-making processes. Well-being is high priority and it is taken for granted that you are able to make your own decisions.
About Our Culture
At NIRAS, we focus on your full potential, and as an employee in NIRAS, you will also enjoy our unique work environment. We have several social activities meeting almost every desire.
Sustainable development in society is important to us. We incorporate UN's 17 global goals for sustainable development into our projects as much as we can. We strive to advice and create solutions that also benefit the next generation.
Our values - we listen, we learn, we deliver - are the starting point for how we think and work, and crucial for us to create high quality across disciplines.
How to apply
Apply using the link on our website – we invite for job interviews until we find the right candidate. If you have additional questions, you can contact Head of Department, Nina Lassen Simony at NWLA@niras.dk or +45 3022 4533.