For the Geotechnical department in Allerød north of Copenhagen we are looking for two senior geotechnical engineers with a minimum of 10 years of experience in geotechnical and structural engineering and design.
The department is part of the business unit Marine Structures, Geotechnics, Tunnels and Bridges with all together 80 employees, mainly working on infrastructure projects including harbours, railways, roads, bridges, tunnels, wind farms, coastal protection and cloudburst tunnels. Our projects range widely in size and take place both in Denmark and abroad; from warm African and Asia areas to cold Arctic regions.
You will be part of a strong geotechnical department with 12 employees, where you will have good opportunities for personal and professional development in an inspiring collaboration with highly qualified colleagues. We work with the geotechnical issues related to all kind of structures; from planning of investigations, over evaluation of ground conditions, to design and tests of geotechnical structures. You will typically follow a project from start to delivery, and take part in all relevant processes.
Your tasks are, for example to:
- Determine and derive geotechnical parameters
- Prepare geotechnical investigation and design reports
- Assist and guide younger colleagues
Take part in the technical development of the department
- Design and verify geotechnical structures such as
- retaining structures
- secant piles
- pile foundations
- gravity and pile foundation of wind turbines
We often solve tasks in close interdisciplinary collaboration with other business units in NIRAS and through this you will get a large internal network in NIRAS.
We expect that you:
- are an engineer with a high academic level with experience in the design of geotechnical structures
- have experience with design according to Eurocodes
- have good English skills and are interested in working on international projects
- have experience with some of the calculation programs PLAXIS, SPOOKS, Slide, Retain, LPile, GrlWeap have a working method that is efficient, structured, thorough and with focus on results.
- an exciting job, where we emphasize personal commitment, responsibility and independence
- an open and informal working environment
- a high degree of influence on your own work situation
- a flat organization
- good employment conditions with a social security scheme and flexible employee benefits
Contact us and let's talk about the possibilities
If you want to know more about the position, you are very welcome to contact Head of geotechnical department, Morten Anker Jørgensen at +45 2469 0637 / email@example.com.
Find the job online at www.niras.dk/job and attach your application and CV. Applications are assessed on an ongoing basis.
NIRAS is an international consulting company with activities within Building and Infrastructure, Process industry, Utilities, Environment and Nature, Climate, Energy, Planning and Development Consulting. Our 2200 specialists solve the challenges of our customers based on our values - we listen, we learn, we deliver. We believe that cooperation, knowledge sharing and creativity are the way to create the best value for our customers. We have a turnover of approx. DKK 2 billion from offices in more than 20 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.